Ikariam Kappa Training
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ikariam Kappa Training

Ikariam Kappa Training to help new members

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Strategy for science technologies

Go down 
AuthorMessage
rommel
Admin

Strategy for science technologies Empty
PostSubject: Strategy for science technologies   Strategy for science technologies EmptyFri May 06, 2011 8:27 pm

After beginning an Ikariam account, I initially concentrate on growth since military is not effective until the player gets most technologies and most upgrades.

I concentrate my research on science first, then economics. Gaining the science technology, letter chutes, saves a lot of gold on further research. The next technology I usually research is wine cellars so I can save wine both in consumption and building of Governer's Residences. Then I need bureaucracy to have a place to build the wine cellars. After that, I concentrate on military technologies.

There is flexibility in this order but here is one possible order to maximize growth and efficiency. The order may vary depending on the situation. I am highlighting those that I consider critical for growth and efficiency.

Research fields:
Seafaring
Economy
Science
Military

1. Economy:Conservation (Level 1 - cost 12) Allows building warehouses. Warehouses allow more storage of material and protect from pillaging.
2. Economy:Pulley (Level 2 - cost 24) Saves 2% on building costs.
3. Economy:Wealth (Level 3 - cost 112) - Allows production of trade goods and provides 130 of each luxury resource.
4. Science: Well construction (Level 1 - cost 24) - Additional 50 housing space and happiness in the capital city.
5. Economy:Wine culture (Level 4 cost 336) - Allows building of taverns which is needed for population growth.
6. Seafaring:Carpentry (Level 1 - cost 8) - Allows Carpenter's workshop discount building for building material.
7. Seafaring:Expansion (Level 5 - cost 336) - Provides the ability to build plaices and governor's residences which allows more colonies.
8. Science:Paper (Level 2 - cost 30) - 2% more research points.
9. Science:Espionage (level 3 - cost 420) - Allows hideouts which are necessary to prevent enemies from being able to spy out your armies and resources.
10. Economy:Geometry (level 6 - cost 2236) - Saves 4% on building costs.
11. Economy:Architecture (Level 7 - cost 3672) - Allows building of architect office which reduces marble used to build in the city.
12. Economy:relaxation holiday (Level 8 - cost 7200) - Increases satisfaction in all towns.
13. Science:Ink (Level 5 - cost 2652) - 4% more research points.
14. Science:Mechanical pen (level 11 - cost 31968) - 8% more research points.
15: Science:Letter chute (Level 13 - cost 144720) - Saves 3 gold upkeep per scientist.
16. Economy:Spirit level (Level 11 - cost 25632) - Saves 8% on construction of all buildings.
17. Economy:Wine Press (Level 12 - cost 48000) - Allows building of wine cellars which saves on use of wine by citizens and cost of wine for buildings and cooks.
18. Economy:Bureaucracy (level 14 - cost 106560) - Provides an additional building space in all cities.
Back to top Go down

Strategy for science technologies
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Ikariam Kappa Training :: Help and Questions :: Information about technologies-
Jump to: